Monday 11 May 2015

Critical Reflection


At the beginning of Module 2 I decided that I wanted to research how other dance forms are used in the dance industry. After a few Skype sessions with my tutor, discussing the choice of my inquiry, we both decided this was a too large area of practice would be difficult to research in a short amount of time. After considering how I could narrow my inquiry, I decided to focus on how different art forms are used with Chrysalis London. My tutor explained how I could use more than one question to help with my research, so I decided on the questions; how are other art forms used in a contemporary dance production? and how does another art form benefit a company/Chrysalis London?. This area of study interests me as a dancer because it is always important to be able to market and present yourself well. I believe that gaining the information on how another art form benefits a dance performance will help me in my career as a dancer.
The process of planning my inquiry would have been a considerably easier if I had begun my research earlier in the module. When I decided on my inquiry I realised I was only telling my tutor all my ideas and not writing them down on my blog. I have learnt from this experience that I should put more time into writing my ideas down, as it will help me through out the process.
I am excited for the research process of my inquiry in module 3. I need to become more efficient with my planning and not leave anything last minute as it makes it difficult to get all the information together. During the rehearsal process I will make sure to write any findings in my reflective journal as well as on my blog. I have enjoyed the challenges during module 2 because they have taught me how to be more productive in the next module.



1 comment: